Sony vaio - Windows could not complete the installation

Closed
Maisa - Dec 6, 2016 at 07:55 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 7, 2016 at 02:39 AM
Hello,
My keyboard was behaving weird so I decided to reset my sony vaio as I sometimes do.
But something went wrong: I can only get a "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation".
But the screen is Black and all it does is to restart. It shows the blue screen with a "preparing Windows to First use" and the First message again.
Please help! TKS :))))(
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 7, 2016 at 02:39 AM
Hi Maisa,

So, basically, when you initiate the restore process, you reach the same screen every time and you cannot go past it, right? There may be an issue with the installation file or with the hard drive. My advice is to reinstall Windows using an installation drive. Try doing a clean installation and check if all goes normally. If the same issue appears, it would be nice to check your hard drive’s condition. If the laptop is under warranty, contact the seller and ask for guidance.
If warranty has expired, remove the hard drive and connect it to a desktop PC. Backup all data and download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool. Check the drive for errors.

Hope this helps