Deffective laptop camera

Closed
ngvnwc - Updated by Ambucias on 16/12/16 at 04:49 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 16, 2016 at 06:03 AM
Hello,

Kindly assist me to proffer solution to my lap top camera which has been suddenly stopped functioning.

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Tabeer Posts 63 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2016 23
Dec 16, 2016 at 03:10 AM
If the webcam is not being recognized in the Webcam central software then please follow the steps mentioned below for refreshing the drivers for webcam.

Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Imaging devices’.
Under ‘Imaging devices’ check if you are finding webcam.
Right click on the webcam available and click on ‘Uninstall’.
Check the box which says delete the software and click ‘OK’.
Restart the system and check for issue resolution.
Also, I would suggest that you download the ‘Dell Webcam Central’ and install it.

Please follow the steps below to run the diagnostics for the Webcam on the system.

1. Open the link http://dell.to/11MXNII
2. Select ‘Hardware’ under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’.
3. Select ‘Camera’ under ‘Diagnostic Selector’.
4. Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.
5. Let me know the results.
Thank you for the effort in suggesting those options. I have tried it and did not succeed. Meanwhile note that my system is an Hp and not Dell or is it possible to run a Dell program on HP system
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Updated by Ambucias on 16/12/16 at 06:04 AM
1. Ensure that you are connected to the Internet and that you know the model number of your laptop
2. Connect to the HP website on this link: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=1842152&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&cc=us
3. After selecting your laptop model, click on Software & Drivers Downloads
4. Select your operating system
5. Choose the software update file that you need and follow the instructions

Steps
Here are some additional steps you can take to try to solve the problem:

Open the Device manager
Go to WEBCAM (HP Webcam)
Go to the Driver tab
Uninstall the driver
Restart when prompted
When the machine is turned on, the driver will be reinstalled and your camera should be running smoothly