Recovering my (minor) son's Gmail password.

Closed
Melinda619 - Dec 25, 2016 at 05:25 PM
Ambucias Posts 47310 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 25, 2016 at 06:06 PM
Hello,

I really need some help recovering my 10 year old's gmail password. He had an ASUS MeMo Pad tablet but left it in a rental last Spring so he hasn't accessed his Gmail and Google play apps in months. We just gifted him with a new table for Christmas and need to get everything set up again, but I'd rather avoid creating a new email account for him. I've tried password recovery several times as well as the security questions with no success. The furthest I got was having the verification code emailed to me, but when I keyed it in, Google told me they couldn't verify the account belonged to us. I also answered the security questions as best I could, no success.

Please help!!! Thank you!!!

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47310 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,164
Dec 25, 2016 at 06:06 PM
Hello

Unfortunately, if, when you created the account, you have not registered a secret question which you remember, or an alternate recovery email address or phone number to which you have access to receive a reset code, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.

Sorry