Jan 8, 2017 at 09:27 AM
Posts19532Registration dateWednesday October 8, 2008StatusContributorLast seenJune 15, 2019
Jan 8, 2017 at 01:24 PM
- Laptop (compaq presario CQ61) not turning on
- Power led close to the plug and battery indicator working as usual
- Pressing power button nothing happens
- Tried all the usual solutions such as electrostatic discharge, removal of memory, hdd, etc.
- The magnetic switch detecting the lid position was defective or stuck to "closed" position
- Waving a magnet close to the area next to the power button solved the problem.
Anyone with similar problem can try this inexpensive solution before sending the laptop for a professional repair.
I hope this can help someone.