Windows won't boot

Closed
Rivy830 - Updated by Rivy830 on 8/01/17 at 06:56 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 11, 2017 at 03:17 AM
Hello,
The past 3 days I've been at war with my computer. when I start up my computer it will show a blue windows logo with the loading circle but won't get past that. I left it there for over an hour and nothing. When pressing the reset key it will go to the same thing but it says preparing automatic repair under it. Again I've left it there for over an hour and nothing. I came to the conclusion that maybe my windows was corrupt or maybe my old hdd was toast. I grabbed my bootable flash drive and reinstalled windows on a new hard drive. After installing, it worked for a bit then everything froze. I waited another half hour and then decided to restart my computer. Then, wouldn't boot. I'm desperate I have no idea what is going on. Here are my specs if it helps:
i5 4690k overclocked to 3.9 from 3.5 ghz
R9 390
2x4 gb hyperx ram
H97 msi pc mate
Evga bronze power supply(no idea on watts)
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 11, 2017 at 03:17 AM
Hi Rivy,

It was a good idea to reinstall Windows and change de hard drive. Unfortunately, the issue may be RAM memory related. Usually the booting issues indicate file problem or a hard drive issues, but since you have those covered, this could be a RAM issue. Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? Any changes? Try booting with only one RAM stick connected. Have the both RAM slots cleaned.
If you confirm that the RAM is working properly, test your PSU. If, for some reason, it is not providing the expected power, similar problems may appear.

Hope this helps