I can't access to yahoo mail

Closed
dragan_balaban - Jan 29, 2017 at 04:47 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 29, 2017 at 07:14 AM
Hello,

Please i need a help.
I have account on yahoo mail. And i can't access to my mail.
When i try to login it doesnt ask me for password but automatically sends a code to an old email adress with which i registered but has been shut down due to server not existing anymore.
I got advice to update my info so the code gets sent to my smartphone but i can't do that without logging in.
What shoild i do?
Thank you for your time.
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jan 29, 2017 at 05:40 AM
Hello

Unfortunately, if, when you created the account, you have not registered an alternate recovery email address or phone number to which you have access to receive a reset code, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.

Sorry
dragan_balaban
Jan 29, 2017 at 06:33 AM
Thanks for replying.
In one of the posts about my issue i found that you'd be able to recover the account if i could prove that I'm the owner. You can check my IP adress, and i am logged in to Facebook with that email adress.
If you could reset the password somehow and send me the recovery on the gmail i am using currently that would be great as i've been locked out of the account while awaiting reply from a possible employer and this email was listed on all the cv's i sent out recently.

I've been using this email adress for over 10 years without any difficulties and it locked me out for no reason after it asked me to verify that i'm not a robot when i was signing in.
Thank you!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jan 29, 2017 at 06:41 AM
Sorry

We have no business or connections with Yahoo. We at CCM cannot reset your password for you. You should have kept your account up-to-date.

If you have not used your account for 12 months, it no longer exist.
dragan_balaban
Jan 29, 2017 at 06:59 AM
Can you tell me how to conntact anyone at yahoo who could help me? Or if i can send them an email, i failed to find any info on how to contact them for such issues.
Thx
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168 > dragan_balaban
Jan 29, 2017 at 07:14 AM
Sorry again,

There no contact for Yahoo. Yahoo does not want any. If there were they would need to hire tens of thousands employees, just to answer the phone or reply to emails.

Your situation is not unique, there are thousands of people living the same situation.