Black screen after i log on into my profile.

Closed
Nico - Updated by xpcman on 2/02/17 at 02:49 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 7, 2017 at 05:38 AM
Hello,

Can you help me. My gigabyte computer gives me a black screen after i log on into my profile. It wont run my desktop but everything is still there. I cant download from the internet i dont have that much data. Can u please help me. I have tried runing it in safe mode and i have tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then typing explorer. It doesn't work.
Any ideas?
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 7, 2017 at 05:38 AM
Hello Nico,

Can you tell me more about the issue? Has anything happened to the PC prior to the error that you get? I also would like to know whether do you get the blinking cursor or the screen remains completely black.
Do you have a Windows repair or installation CD? If you do, it would be great, because you will need to boot from it. If there is a need to change the boot priority before starting the procedure, please do so. You can do that by entering in the BIOS menu and switching from HDD to DVD/CD /optical device/.
Then, insert the Windows CD and chose the option for the Command prompt. There you must type the following commands followed by the Enter after each of them:
bootrec.exe
/fixmbr
/fixboot
/rebuildbcd
/scanos
After that, press Enter and wait for your system to be repaired. Please, come and tell me what happened afterwards.

Cheers.