Network driver fault & problem

Solved/Closed
NeChro - Jun 7, 2008 at 09:53 AM
 Cenzo - Sep 16, 2010 at 08:39 AM
Hello,
CAn anybody help.
I have a medion md41567 laptop.
i have that problem of missing drivers.
I cannot find a network controller driver that works.
I went to the medion site & download the driver from there but the driver doesnt work.
I got in contact with the TECHNICLE dept but they are as much use as a FART IN A SPACE SUIT.
Can any 1 help.
I need the network driver (Obviously) to get my latop online so i can then update the other missing drivers
REgards...
Related:

2 responses

Hi
I had the same problem due to a virus. I rebuilt my uncles medion 2030 laptop with XP home. I looked around and I was told the same as you, get the drivers from the Medion website. Done that but no network controller, so the wireless didn't work.
Every website I went to told me that the spec for the wireless, was a Prism 3886 802.11g wireless made by Intersel Americas, after downloading it, It would not let me install the drivers. Obviously because it wasn't a Prism.
After a week of pulling my hair out I finally cracjked it.

Hope this is of some help.

Go to the following website http://halfdone.com/ ..
and download the unknown devices file.(UKD). Unzip it and then run it, this will tell you the name of the device that you are looking for, if it doesn't look under Computer missing names. That is where I found out that I had an Intel pro/wireless 2200BG installed.It willalso give you the names of anything else you don't have a driver for. The rest was easy, went to Intel and downloaded the correct driver and installed it. Works a treat, I can now give it back to my uncle.
Thanks for your help..It was really helpful
seren6ipity Posts 2 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2008 1
Nov 7, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Hi there,

I have the same issue. All drivers related to networking - pci modem, ethernet, wireless are not detected by Device Manager.

Mine is an IBM thinkpad T40 and am reinstalling XP for various reasons. I've downloaded all the drivers from lenovo website and copied to laptop's hard drive. But hardware plug and play wizard is unable to find any of the drivers. I tried uninstalling drivers and rebooting and then reinstalling. Nothing seems to work.

Since all the drivers are .exe file, can we double click and install them?

Please help!

Thanks.
seren6ipity Posts 2 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2008 1
Nov 9, 2008 at 06:03 PM
The problem is now fixed. I assumed that the plug and play device will find the drivers if they existed any where on harddrive. This is not true. The correct location of the drivers should be provided. This location is where the driver files are extracted when driver file (.exe downloaded from your laptop's brand website) is run.
For my thinkpad, Windows XP, default path was C:\DRIVERS\WIN\ETHERNET\WINXP. I gave this path and ethernet driver was found. Subsequently, I connected to internet and let windows find the remaining drivers on internet by itself.

Hope this helps some one else.
VELVEETA72 > seren6ipity Posts 2 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2008
Apr 15, 2009 at 03:19 PM
Thanks! Your post really helped me out.
what? i don quite understand what your say
ok im running winxp pro sp2 but the lan and wireless dont work w/out and w/ drivers
HELP
thanks before hand!!!~
superbe post!! so stupid computer.... thx seren6ipity