No bootable device found

Closed
Swoffyc Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 16, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2017 - Mar 17, 2017 at 12:17 AM
mertomer Posts 22 Registration date Thursday March 16, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2017 - Mar 17, 2017 at 12:50 AM
I have a toshiba satellite P55W-C5204 model PSPUJU-00 V016 it worked fine one minute I shut it down so I could take it to work and when I went to start it it says "no bootable device found please restart. Well I did the press 0 and turn on and it still says the same thing. My laptop does not have a DVD player and I don't have a recovery disk. My question is, is there a way to fix it using my old toshiba laptop with a usb cord and where do I go online to get what I need. Please help me, I really need my new laptop for work.
Thank you
Charlyn

1 response

mertomer Posts 22 Registration date Thursday March 16, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2017 7
Mar 17, 2017 at 12:50 AM
Hello Charlyn
HDDs should be handled with care. I'm assuming you didn't drop your computer or hit it hard somewhere but you should try opening the back cover to re plug the HDD. Sometimes cables can cause this problem.

P55W-C5204 has one big cover at the back and letting you reach all the components with an ease.

If you're worried about the warranty or have no idea what's going inside do it on your own risk.

Your hdd is placed near your battery. Once you open the back cover remove your battery first. After 30 seconds unplug your HDD and plug all back in (always unplug the battery first and plug it the last)

if this didn't solve your problem try reaching bios to confirm that your computer is reaching the drive you have to boot from. Even if it's not showing try changing the boot device on BIOS settings.

If you can reach the drive and yet still can't load your operating system Look for "UEFI windows from USB" on google