What proof of ownership is required for smart watch password reset

Closed
Saeedd77 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2017 - Jun 18, 2017 at 06:19 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 18, 2017 at 05:20 PM
Hello,

I have requested for password reset for my kids smart watch. Wherein he set the password and forgot it.

I got the reply to show the proof of ownership.

Please let me know what proofs will be considered as sufficient to reset the password?

Once proof is presented is there any way to resolve this issue. Or reset the password?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 18, 2017 at 05:20 PM
Hi,

First we need:

1. to see the iWatch serial number and compare it to the invoice.

2. we must verify the invoice with your full name on it.

3. You must provide an official government picture id proving that the invoice is yours

4. Last and most important we must compare your government picture id with you live, face to face to ensure that the id is really yours.

Do you agree that to accomplish step 4 that we have a immense problem?

If I recall, your child may have entered a password and does not remember it.

We suggest that you take the watch to an Apple Store, they will be able to verify you identity and perhaps help you to reset it for a charge.

Good luck