Asus Laptop will not turn ON

Closed
mdmm55 Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 7, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2017 - Jul 7, 2017 at 12:17 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 7, 2017 at 03:38 PM
Hello,
After watching a movie on internet,i shut down and my Asus k series laptop was out of power when I put it on after 6 hours.Power button blink only once but no power. All above suggestions did not work. My adapter is working fine on an other laptop??.I could not even see if it was any hardwarw issue or virus??. I am not a pc tech,.
Any help.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM
Ok, so unplug the adapter from the wall, and unplug it into two pieces, set it aside.

Now, flip the laptop over, and take the battery out. Turn it back over, and hold down the power button for at LEAST 60 SECONDS (count it out!)

Now, put the battery back in. Put the adapter back together and plug it into the laptop. Now plug into the wall. Try it. If the power light still flashes once, then you have a failing MotherBoard, and since you have already said you are not a tech, take it to a tech, as the only steps left are isolation steps to see what is failing, and those steps could do more damage to the laptop if not performed correctly.
mdmm55 Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 7, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2017
Jul 7, 2017 at 01:42 PM
Thank you very much. I did those steps( you have suggested) twice but no good results.
I think you are right ,there is some motherboard problems.
Kindly advise me. How much will it cost to me for repairing,if problems with motherboard. Because if it is too much,then I can buy a used laptop from Kjiji,as I am a student and can not afford a brand new laptop. I bought it as new in 2010 for $ 800 .
Regards
Blocked Profile
Jul 7, 2017 at 03:38 PM
It will probably cost around $300 to fix. I am just guessing though.