Please Give Me The Solution For My DV4 1211tu

Closed
Niks - May 23, 2009 at 09:31 AM
 Lorenzo - Oct 31, 2009 at 01:32 AM
Hello,

How Are You Sir,

I have Notebook Hp DV4 1211tu.

I Installed Windows XP On it Using Nlite With Sata ICH9 E/M Driver.

It Installed Properly (Without Any Error)
But After First Restart My Notebook Can Not Start.
Please Give Me The Solution
I Used Win xp Sp2 And 3 Also(So Many CDs)

3 responses

rea.son47 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2009
May 23, 2009 at 09:59 AM
hi,
this could be the BIOS.
configure it properly.
and then install the required drivers.
Sir I had Try all the possible options. but there is same result in that and there is no such option in bios that can be changed for this problem. there is same problem in that.
I have the same model, and I tried many options including slip trim the SATA driver(ICH9 M/ME) with Nlite.
The OS CD created with Nlite works till the welcome screen then it freezes there (Itried as many times as possible). Finally I had to use external floppy drive to install XP SP2 and SP3 also. I followed the steps
1. download SATA driver from Intel website
2. extract the files to a new folder on desktop
3. connect the floppy drive to the USB port
4. copy the extracted files on the desktop to a new floppy drive (keep extra floppy drive as they are not that much reliable)
5. put the windows cd to your disk drive and restart with the floppy drive still plug in.
6. Set your BIOS to boot from CD
7. Boot from CD will ask after around 7-10 seconds to press "F6" (press F6 button for 4-5 times) for other driver to be installed for storage device.
8. After a few seconds another screen will come up asking to press "S" to load floppy drive.
9. Let it load from floppy drive by pressing "S" button.
10. Choose "ICH 9 M/ME" from the list of drivers listed.
11. then it will show you your mass storage device
12. continue with your normal installation from this step forward