Pc turns on but no display

Closed
Xaidi145 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2017 - Updated on Aug 3, 2017 at 04:39 PM
 Xaidi145 - Aug 5, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Sorry for my bad English, I will try to explain the problem in great detail, I upgraded my pc few days ago, installed new windows and it was working fine, one day when I turned my pc on, I saw a blue screen error and then no display, I took it to a repair shop and he told me that I need to change the power supply, so I did but a few days later the same problem, I Google it and tried almost all things such cleaning ram etc but nothing works so far, strange thing is that sometimes the pc turns on and shows display but now I did all the things that but nothing helped so far, the fans are running, lights on but no display, please help me
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2017 at 04:32 PM
OK, yes a new Power supply might have helped, but you really need to make certain that all of the new hardware, has all of their LATEST and GREATEST FIRMWARE imbedded. Also, you need to make certain that all of the new equipment MEETS REQUIREMENT's (or specification) of the Mother Board.

If you are not 100% certain how to check, go to your motherboards manufacturers website, and look for a system configurator for your motherboard. It will give a dashboard of all of the hooks your motherboard is capable of performing. You might even have to tweek some settings to make it stable. If you added more EQ, it could be more HEAT too, and not enough air flow! With a big 650W PS, you should be able to put a few more fans in there, see if that helps out!
Well, i changed the motherboard and now its working fine but i still coudnt understand what exactly happened, let me tell you step by step,
1) I upgraded the new desktop which had MSI z97 motherboard with 8gb stick RAM and GTX 1060 and it had 450 W PSU
2) One normal i was back from work started my PC, a blue screen error and it was stuck to i forced restart
3) initially when i was trying to to cold boot, it turned on for few second and then shutdown again so i thought it was PSU problem
4) i took my PC to a repair shop and they changed the PSU and it started working and told me to replace the PSU, one thing i would like to mention here which was strange, at that time they used the 450W supply and it was working but as they recommended to change the PSU, so i bought another 650W PSU
4) Nest day when i turned on the PC, same blue error, i did every usual thing was suggested on google like cleaning ram etc, sometime it worked by just removing ram and graphic card and then putting them back again and it was working fine
5) Next day with the same usual problem but this time no display, i did the same stuff again but it was not showing display so i took it back to repair shop, they checked RAM, Processor and then board and then they concluded that it was the motherboard, so they were just trying to reinstall the BIOS but they were not certain that whether it could work or not
6) without the certainty i thought i should buy the motherboard and i did, and it started working again just fine but i am still curious what exactly was the problem that damaged my motherboard, i will post my current specs as well and i will really appreciate any help regarding this matter cause i am still afraid that the same problem might show up again as i am using the same RAM, GPU & Processor

Motherboard Model: H97M-E35
GPU: GTX 1060 3 gb
Processor: Intel i5-4690
Ram: 16 gb
Blocked Profile
Aug 3, 2017 at 04:41 PM
OK, first of all, when you say upgrade, do you mean hardware, or operating system? If it is hardware, I am 99% sure that you placed equipment into the system that DOES NOT meet your motherboards requirements, and you are frying it! Now, was it hardware, or software?
It was hardware upgrade! Basically my new GTX 1060 and 8 gb, Ram but as mentioned earlier, this problem is quite strange, the repair shop guy told me to replace my PSU so i installed a new 650 PS unit but even after changing it i am facing the same problem