It's happened to everyone, you take a photo and only notice later that it's blurry due to the camera moving slightly or not being in focus. Then you wonder if can you improve or even eliminate the blur? The good news is that we have several simple and effective solutions for this. The internet offers numerous free (and some fee-paying) solutions to fix blurry photos so in this article, we'll show you how to recover blurry photos with dedicated software.
How to increase the sharpness of online photos?
It often happens that some pictures (especially if you’re not a professional photographer) turn out not so sharp. Shooting errors, unsuitable equipment amongst other things are just some of the reasons why photos can turn out blurry. However what the vast majority of us are interested in is knowing how to fix this problem after the fact and therefore, increase the sharpness and quality of the photos. Hence we have compiled a list of software that allows you to improve photo sharpness quickly and easily. Discover the list of software options below all available online and of course, for free.
What are the programs to correct blurry photos for free?
Among the free programs that are worth downloading to correct blurry images there are:
- Blurity: This software is very easy to use. Once downloaded, simply insert the photo you want to edit and click on it to carry out the changes you want to make and save them. Simple no? Blurity is available to download on this link.
- Focus Magic: This is a program that can be defined as truly complete, as it can also be used as an extension of Photoshop. For blurry photos it performs miracles, bringing the photo back to life with the correct sharpness. The interface isn’t the most user-friendly, but with a bit of practice, great results are guaranteed. It allows you to make about 10 changes for free, after that it requires you to purchase a license. Downloading is straightforward, just click on this link.
- SmartDeblur: is downloadable for both Windows and Mac. This software offers various tools and solutions to correct blur in photos depending on the type of blur present in the image-whether it is blurry or not in perfect focus. All in all, it's easy to use but you'll need to get the hang of it before you know how best to use it. Download it here.
- GIMP: is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Once you've downloaded the program, go to the Filters section, then Enhancement and Contrast Mask, to make improvements to the sharpness of your photo. The program offers several tools, including the possibility to choose the intensity and the portion of the effect (in case you want to leave blurred parts). Download GIMP from this link.
What are the tools to enhance blurry photos online?
For those who prefer not to download any software, especially if the blurry photo is a one-off and you don't want to burden your computer, here are some services available online:
- Lunapic is completely free, intuitive and easy to use. Just upload your photo in Upload your photo for blur and proceed by directly editing the photo itself. The photo can also be uploaded to the tool via URL or directly from the internet. Click on Apply and you will see the changes.
- Enhance.Pho.to is a great alternative, it allows you to upload photos both from your computer and social media via URL. It is free and enables you to improve the quality of the photo, not just the blur. It's pretty easy to use.
How to enhance blurry photos with apps?
For those who are better off using their phone or tablet, we’ve included some interesting apps that might also be useful to enhance blurry photos. Some of these photo enhancement apps include: Adobe Photoshop Express, Pixlr and Snapseed. All free and available for both Android and iOS.
- Fix blurry pictures online free
- Fix blurry photos free
- Fix blurry pictures free
- How to fix blurry pictures on instagram > Guide
- Translate images via your phone camera with Google Translate > Guide
- Change picture mode: on LG Smart TV > Guide
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app > Guide
- Top photo editing apps: for iPhone, Android, Mac, PC > Guide
- Take a screenshot: on Mac, Windows 10, iPhone, PC, Android
- Tutorials for DIY haircuts: for men, women, beginners