Did you enjoy taking pictures on your GoPro camera? If you need to import them now to your Mac computer, the method is pretty simple. In this article, we'll explain how to connect your GoPro camera with a Mac computer to transfer photos.
How to connect GoPro to a Mac?
- To connect a GoPro camera to your Mac computer, you need to plug one end of the USB-C cable into the GoPro and the other one into the Mac USB-C port.
- Then, simply turn your GoPro on.
How to import photos from GoPro to Mac?
Now, you are ready to import your files from a GoPro camera to a Mac via its built-in tool called Image Capture.
- Click the Launchpad icon on the dock or find its icon in the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Type Image Capture or find this app directly via the Applications folder in Finder.
- Double-click it to launch the app.
- Once it opens, you will see your GoPro camera on the list in the left sidebar, and your images and videos on the right side.
- Select the file you'd like to import (you can press and hold the Command key to select multiple files).
- From the drop-down menu next to the Import To tab at the bottom of the window, select the folder where you'd like to import them.
- Finally, click Import and wait for a couple of minutes until the import is done.