Scanning issues Samsung

petrsvojka - Nov 30, 2017 at 10:03 AM - Latest reply:  petrsvojka
- Dec 2, 2017 at 05:24 AM
Dear all, I have an scanning issue with the printer/scanner Xpress M2070W. After the reinstall of OS, the reconnection of the printer did not work as it should. I can print, I cn scan to jpeg via Devices Win menu, however previously I had a possibility to scan to PDF an the setting was done directly on printer:

Scan To --> Scan to PC --> Local PC (and then format setting and start. 

Now (after the reinstall) after OKeing "Local PC" it says "Connecting..." and after that "not available". I tried to reinstall drivers, reconnect physically, run some fixing tools and nothing worked.

Can you help, please?
See more 

8 replies

Reply to this topic
Ambucias 47826 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 15, 2017 Last seen - Nov 30, 2017 at 04:38 PM
Helpful
What is your operating system?
Respond to Ambucias
Ambucias 47826 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 15, 2017 Last seen - Dec 1, 2017 at 04:49 AM
Helpful
I suggest you download these drivers and install them:

http://www.samsungdrivers.net/samsung-m2070w-driver/
Respond to Ambucias
Helpful
Nope, did not helped. It was already installed. I tried to reinstall, but it still does the same :-(
Respond to petrsvojka
Ambucias 47826 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 15, 2017 Last seen - Dec 1, 2017 at 06:05 PM
Helpful
Sorry about that, I suggest that you contact Samsung support. You should have a contact number in your ownner's manual.
Respond to Ambucias
Helpful
I will try. Thanks anyway!
Respond to petrsvojka
ac3mark 8377 Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration dateModeratorStatus December 15, 2017 Last seen - Dec 1, 2017 at 07:42 PM
Helpful
If you are initiating the scan from the scanner itself (like a one button scan type of process), then you have to re-install the scanner suite software to "receive" the commands from the scanner!

Make sense?

I am certain, that if you can print to the device, then you can probably initiate a scan from your PC, just not from the scanner. Is that the situation?
Respond to ac3mark
Helpful
Thanks a lot for chipping in. I can initiate the scan from computer, however Samsung Easy Printer Manager does not allow to scan to PDF. The thing is that it was working before reinstall and it is not working now and it is driving me crazy :-).

I came to the same conclusion that when I can print and scan from the computer there is definitely a connection, I just do not understand why it is not working as it worked until now...
Respond to petrsvojka