Gmail account hacked by a friend

Closed
dalbirsingh - Updated on Mar 7, 2018 at 05:02 AM
BunoCS Posts 15475 Registration date Monday July 11, 2005 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Mar 7, 2018 at 02:53 AM
Hello,

My gmail account was hacked today by a friend of mine. I cannot reset the password because it says
Suspicious activity detected
We've denied this account recovery request since we detected suspicious activity in this account.
To regain access to this account, please retry the account recovery process from a computer that you regularly use to sign in.
If you don't have access to a computer like this, try again with your recovery phone (if available) or by answering some questions about your account.
I am out of options. I can't go into recovery options. I don't know what to do. My profile picture on the email account should be enough to prove that it is my account. I log into that account every day from this same computer, think it is suspicious. What do I do? I need to get this solved very quickly before my information is compromised.
The email is ***@***

1 response

BunoCS Posts 15475 Registration date Monday July 11, 2005 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,534
Mar 7, 2018 at 02:53 AM
Hello,

My gmail account was hacked today by a friend of mine.
I'm sorry but, imho, you can't the words 'friend' and 'hacked' in the same sentence. If your 'friend' has changed anything, tell him to restore your account.

Note for the next time, for obvious security reason: do NOT, NEVER, give access to your account!