My programs on Computer cant get recognized so i cant open them.

Closed
Leon200253 - Nov 13, 2018 at 08:27 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 13, 2018 at 09:33 AM
Hello,
Recently i installed a ssd in my computer but now the programs i had before are not displayed. So i can see at my hard disk that they are installed but i cant open them(when i open them there come other folders and so on)
Ps.: Sorry for my bad english i am german

Thank you!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2018 at 08:57 AM
What was on the SSD before you install it? What device was it connected to? What operating system are you connecting it to now?
I bought the ssd new so nothing was on it. Then i downloaded Windows 10 on the ssd. So the ssd is now (c:) and the previous (c:) is now (e:). And when i try to open a program it says c:\program files\office(for example)\office...exe. This path isnt available.
OK, so you are clicking on a shortcut that is pointing to C drive, but the file is on the E. You can either change all links MANUALLY from c: to E:, or uninstall, and reinstall all programs on to the E drive.

Do you see what has happened. The shortcuts all think your programs still reside on C, when they are on E.

Right click over the shortcut, and select properties. In target, change C to E. In start in, change C to E