How to stop URL manipulation attacks?

Closed
Graham - Updated on Jan 1, 2019 at 12:49 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 2, 2019 at 04:22 PM
Hi,

I am 99% certain that my Computer has been "Unlawfully accessed on many occasions using "URL Manipulation Attacks." It started deleting stuff on my computer, then altering option settings and other parameters on various programs. I believe I know the identity of the major mainstream outlet doing it, but that's another matter. Has anyone got advice?
Related:

3 responses

Ratnendra Ashok Posts 598 Registration date Wednesday November 28, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2020   4,418
Jan 1, 2019 at 01:04 PM
Hi,

This article can help you to protect yourself from URL manipulation attacks.

Thanks! 
Ratnendra Ashok

Community Manager - CCM.net

If you ask me, you are contributing to the HACK community, as no one that USES the internet will find this useful, except for hackers! This does not a thing to help the END USER. If you wanted to educate the end user, explain how they need to look at the browser window PREVIEW to see where the Link goes, but no mention of that! BUT, it does explain HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY PULL OFF this kind of attack by malicious groups!
Hi Ratnendra ,Thanks for the information which i will look into over next few days.Will keep you posted once again Thank You. Graham
Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2019 at 04:19 PM
Well, the post will do nothing, as it explains what is happening, and how to use counter measures on the SERVER SIDE. You have no control over the server side, so have fun reading! The article will do nothing for a fix!
Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2019 at 01:15 PM
YOUR PC cannot be manipulated by ALTERED URL'S!

The best advice that I can give you is, never browse the internet using a USERNAME that has ADMIN privileges on the PC. That way, if you happen to be TRICKED by a website while looking for free software, the website will not be able to INJECT any malicious code. If it does, you will get an alert that says it is TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR PC, and gives you a chance to say NO!