Dell Inspiron 11 won't turn on

Closed
Mikedbuck Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 5, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2019 - Updated on Jan 5, 2019 at 04:51 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 5, 2019 at 11:53 AM
Hello,

With the power cord in, I can't get the computer to turn on. It starts and shows the Dell logo and then just shuts off. Sometimes I can get as far as seeing the preparing automatic repair, then it quits. Other times it just quits as soon as I turn it on. I have replaced the battery and it still won't work. I even removed the battery and used just the power cord and still nothing. Any ideas besides throwing it away?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:44 AM
How long have you had the device? When you use it, do you lay it flat on a soft surface such as a pillow or blanket?
Mikedbuck Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 5, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2019
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:46 AM
We have had it for four years now and it was only ever used at our table on a hard flat surface.
Blocked Profile
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:53 AM
Good deal on the surface, never use a pillow or blanket. It sounds like it has had either possibly a liquid that has spilled on it, or it has had exposure to high heat. There might be chance that is is just "chip creep". That is when the RAM and other chips have slipped ever so slightly, and just needs to be re-seated. Take it to a shop, and pay the bench cost which might be 45-90$ (US). More than likely they will throw the bench cost at the fix if parts are needed.