Locked out of Microsoft Ads/Outlook for 30 days

Closed
wbabemma - Jul 16, 2020 at 05:50 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 - Jul 16, 2020 at 06:26 PM
Hello,

I originally posted this issue just over a month ago when I had an error whilst accessing my Microsoft Ads to see the weekly spend for the company I work for. On the 15th June I had a message saying that a security code could be sent to a number ending in 52 (nobody in the company knows who set this account up, or who's number it is). It also says that I can send a code to the email address of the account - the one I'm trying to log into/locked out of.

I attempted to change security info to my own contact number and this is where the first error message came up. My boss requested I tried to log in again a couple of weeks ago. It's now saying that I've claimed my original number is correct and I have to wait 30 days. I'm assuming whoever has a number ending in 52 has had a security alert and locked me out.

This is frustrating, we only use this account for Microsoft ads and the company is spending an excessive amount of money for an account that we are locked out of. Microsoft reps have just told me that all I can do is wait it out.

I hope I've made sense. Has anyone else had this issue? I would like to access the account at some point, preferably sooner than another 30 days. I don't want to have to delete my account and start again.

Thanks,

Emma
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Jul 16, 2020 at 06:26 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately, as Microsoft told you, there's no other way to recover that account before 30 days. After this time, you'll be able to confirm your phone number.