Windows Key Not Working

Solved/Closed
satineeraj Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 14, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2022 - Nov 3, 2020 at 09:16 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 - Nov 3, 2020 at 02:16 PM
Hello all My name is Neeraj Sati, last night i update my windows 10 Pro. when windows update is completed, and restart my PC i pressed the windows key from the laptop keyboard. firstly i think this may be the windows error, i restart my Pc again and again, but my problem is not solved, can anyone help me to out this? Waiting for Your Help and Suggestions!
Thank You.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 1,885
Nov 3, 2020 at 02:16 PM
Hi Neeraj,

Try pressing the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time. If you see the "Run" box, your Windows key is working properly.

In case your Windows key doesn't work only with the Start menu, some system files may be corrupted or missing. To attempt to repair them, use the System File Checker.

To do so, press the Windows + R keys and type cmd. In command prompt, type the following command and then press Enter:
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Once the above command is completed, type the following and press Enter:
  • sfc /scannow

Then at the end of the process, restart your PC.

Good luck.