Some e-mails never arrive in hotmail

Solved/Closed
dg2022 - Jan 26, 2022 at 12:22 PM
 dg2022 - Jan 29, 2022 at 07:46 AM
I've noticed over the years that some e-mails haven't been arriving in my hotmail, but I have no problems when I ask the sender to contact me at another e-mail address. I have this problem whether I'm using my phone or web browser.

I've finally realized the commonality in the e-mails that haven't arrived. They are all mortgage-related! E-mails from a mortgage broker I used to work with in 2017 would never arrive in my hotmail. Recent e-mails from a company that now has my current mortgage do not arrive. My wife forwarded me an e-mail from that same company and her forwarded e-mail did not arrive in my hotmail. Yesterday I sent an e-mail from my work account to my hotmail account and only included something like "Mortgage test" in the body and subject line. The e-mail did not arrive in my hotmail.

Any idea if there's a place in hotmail where I can look/change the behaviour described above? I found a spot where I can block e-mails from certain domains, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,889
Jan 28, 2022 at 09:08 AM
Hi,

You should check your inbox rules by signing in to Outlook.com.

Go to Settings (gear icon) and select View all Outlook settings.

Select Mail > Rules. Then check if there's any rule that blocks those emails.
That was it! I must have put some old rules in many years ago to delete spam e-mail (likely prior to the current junk e-mail process). Thank you!

Cris