No audio output device is installed

Solved/Closed
tech stupid - Jun 30, 2009 at 08:34 AM
 No audio - Oct 27, 2010 at 06:49 PM
Hello,

I have an HP G60-243DX notebook and a few days ago I inadverdently turned off the sound on the computer, and by that I think I accidentally may have erased my sound device from the computer.

I was trying to adjust the sound and when I went to what I thought was volume control, I thought I had found the way to simply turn the sound off for now, but instead I think the computer completely erased the sound option.

I really know next to nothing about computers so it would be nice if I could get some advice on what to do.
When I go to playback options on my computer, there are none, it just says no audio devices are installed and I can't seem to track what happened to it. I just hope I don't have to buy any new software for the computer because of one really stupid mistake.

Can anyone help me?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 30, 2009 at 09:25 AM
Dear Sir,

You are using Windows Vista you will have to use the Driver CD that came with your laptop to re-install the driver or download it from the HP Support Website.

Download your drivers here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3925084&lang=en

Thanks
it worked! thank you so much
Have you tried reformatting?