Access to a yahoo.co.uk e-mail account?

Solved/Closed
Hurtinguf7 - Mar 23, 2023 at 01:23 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 - Mar 23, 2023 at 05:41 PM

Hello,

Some years ago I made an e-mail account under the yahoo.co.uk e-mail service, i've not signed into it for years but something strange has happened. Somebody has signed up to numerous websites using that account. The odd thing is, when I try to sign into the e-mail on yahoo it says forces me to sign into the yahoo.com e-mail i'd recently made under the same name, but with yahoo.com instead of yahoo.co.uk

What's going on here?
Windows / Chrome 111.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Mar 23, 2023 at 05:41 PM

Hi,

Yahoo terminated all local domain extensions like .co.uk to only keep the .com extension. It is no longer possible to create an account with a local domain extension. However, accounts created before the termination will continue to work without any problem.

If you want to sign in to your Yahoo account ending with .co.uk, all you have to do is to enter your full email address manually on the sign in page. Note that if your account hasn't been used for more than a year, then it has been deleted due to inactivity.