Laptop battery discharges when plugged in

Closed
Momen - Updated on May 4, 2023 at 06:39 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 - May 4, 2023 at 06:36 PM

Hello, the same problem happened to me (source), but a problem appeared to me when I open the games on the device while it was on the charger. The battery charge percentage decreases, but the problem is where do I change it? Do you have an idea about the financial cost? Did you change the piece? Did you encounter any other problems? pl202
Android / Chrome 112.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
May 4, 2023 at 06:36 PM

Hi,

If your laptop is discharging when plugged in to the charger, it may be a sign of a faulty battery and need to be replaced. However, you must make sure the charger is not damaged itself - if you can continue to use your laptop even if the battery is fully discharged or removed, then the charger is working properly. Otherwise, it must be replaced.

As you've specified that the PL202 inductor is damaged, I invite you to contact Lenovo to explain them that you're encountering a charging problem after the damage of the component. They should provide you the assistance needed to fix your laptop.

Good luck