Wifi Problems

joe6620 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 29, 2023 Status Member Last seen August 29, 2023 - Aug 29, 2023 at 04:42 PM
Rajeshraj1990 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 8, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2024 - Mar 1, 2024 at 05:37 AM

I have a Cox Panoramic Wifi/Modem/Router which is now bridged to a TP-Link Router and my Network. The reason I don't just use the Cox Wifi as a router is that I have multiple devices. I also have a Home Security System which I can access via my Cell and Camera App. Problem is this; I use to be able to access these apps outside my immediate network range without any problem but recently I have encountered trouble spots without coverage even though I can use mobile networks. My question is can I dispense with the TP-Link Router and just use the Cox Wifi as a modem and router running through a Gigabyte Switch for devices?

1 response

Rajeshraj1990 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 8, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2024
Mar 1, 2024 at 05:37 AM

Hi Joe,

It sounds like your issue might be related to network range or interference rather than the specific router setup. Before removing the TP-Link router, you could try a few things:

1. Check for any firmware updates for both routers.
  2. Experiment with changing the Wi-Fi channel on your TP-Link router to avoid interference.
  3. Ensure that your security system's app is updated and compatible with your network settings.

If none of these solutions work, it might be worth trying to use the Cox Wi-Fi as both modem and router to see if that simplifies your network and resolves the issue. Just make sure to properly configure your network settings to handle the number of devices you have.

Best of luck!