Laptop - very loud and CLICK - Shutsdown

Closed
Crustygoods - Aug 4, 2009 at 02:39 AM
 crustygoods - Oct 17, 2009 at 03:52 AM
Hello,

I have a bit of an “issue” with my laptop, and thought someone might be able to help please?

My HP G6062EA Laptop is very loud, almost continuously. Irrelevant whether connected via battery or mains. Doesn't seem to be dirt in the fans (from what I can see).

Also (and probably more importantly) after running for a while, if shutdown and restarted, it does not restart. Makes a CLICK as it is about to start, then turns off. Has to be left off for a while before it will turn on again.

Any thoughts ??!

Any advice much appreciated !!!!!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2009 at 08:00 AM
hello Sir,

This is because your laptop is overheating,

You will have to clean and remove the dust between the fan

it's better you get this done by a technician

Thanks
Thanks - I dismantled the laptop last night and cleaned it (it wasn't too bad), but it is still making a lot of noise. The fan seems to startup as soon as it is turned on, and just gets progressively louder.

After running it for about 5 minutes, if I restart it it won't come back up - it clicks (as it is about to start), then turns off.

It does seem to be getting very hot - but it seems to be in the middle of the board (below the keyboard) where the heat is building up. In the WIFI card area.

I have flashed and updated the BIOS - no difference.

Any thoughts??!
I have exactly the same problem with mine, its now got so bad it won't start atall.

Spoke to HP and not interested, my Laptop is only 18 months old and useless.

I have been tld its the motherboard needs changing
crustygoods > HPnothelpful
Oct 17, 2009 at 03:52 AM
I got mine fixed in the end by replacing the fan (£15 from ebay), and now it runs like new! Not overheating any more or anything! Great!

It may be worth your looking for a secondhand motherboard on somewhere like the bay, as it can be expensive overwise. I changed the fan first as that was the cheapest part to replace, and was lucky that that is all that was faulty.