My Desktop Won't Load/Appear.

Closed
Jenee Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2009 - Sep 3, 2009 at 09:24 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 30, 2009 at 04:27 PM
Hello,
Today I hooked my laptop up to the internet, which is usually not hooked up. While I was on a website I clicked to download an episode of an old TV show. However, everything froze and something popped up saying that I had trojan's and the application was closing and whatnot. Well, I let it do its thing and when I came back I was logged off. I tried logging back onto my computer twice and it would not work. Finally I got on the third time and everything showed up as normal, then a pop up came on saying I had spyware and I needed to disinfect my computer. By this time my computer was unhooked from the internet.

Then something else popped up saying it was downloading "AntiVirus 10" or something. Then everything on my desktop disappeared, including the bottom part of the screen where the "START" is. I turned it off, and back on several times and still nothing shows up except the background picture. I'm very frustrated as anyone would be at the moment, but does anyone have any information that could help, please?

And I'm sorry if this had been talked about before.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 4, 2009 at 07:23 AM
Hello Sir,

Your system is not protected and this is not too good!!

I will recommend you to restore your system to an earlier date,

To do System Restore:

Press Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools ----> System Restore Open it and then select a date when you we not infected

then press next

Let the process to be done

Restart your machine normally

Update your system and use AVG antivirus and antispyware

Download it here: https://www.avg.com/fr-fr/free-antivirus-download

This will solve the problem

Thanks
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 4, 2009 at 11:26 AM
top tip of the day,
don't allow any pop up from the internet take hold of your system. I all ways cancel them as soon as they pop up.

these programs are designed to stuff your system up so that you are told the only way to solve the problem is to buy some software from them.

this is why you need adequate anti virus/Internet security software on your system before you surf the web.
but what if i can't see even the start button? i can open programs via taskmgr :(
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 30, 2009 at 04:27 PM
in task manager
file/new task (run)
type explorer
and click on ok.

this should bring up your desktop and taskbar.