Dual Boot with Xp and 7 w/o loosing any of xp

Closed
PDX Man - Oct 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM
PDX Man Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2009 - Oct 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Hello,
Current setup:
Win XP Pro with all service packs installed.
Boot drive setup as stripe RAID.
99.9GB Capacity; Used 41.1GB (winxp); 58.8 Free space (where Id like to put win 7.

The issue is , I don't want to loose anything, setup or applications from the XP setup, make a Partition (or what ever I have to do) to install the second bootable operating system Windows 7. In the end I will have a dual boot system having not effected Win XP.

Can this be done with out loosing anything on my current C: Drive where win xp pro is?

And if so How do I do this?

Thank you very much,
PDX Man
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 6, 2009 at 12:22 PM
hi there,

link below will provide you instructions:

https://ccm.net/faq/2669-dual-boot-windows-xp-vista

its the same for windows 7

Thanks
PDX Man Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2009
Oct 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Unless I missed it, I have installed already win xp. I want to make a partition for win 7 with out having to reformat the Win xp part of the disk. So I guess is might be called a hot Partition making. Can I make a partition on a drive that has an operating system already installed that I want to keep and make that second partition a into the second OS and have a dual boot system not having disturbed the win xp setup?

Maybe this is clearer. Please if my question need clarification please ask me to clear the waters.

thank you,
PDX Man