Icons wont show

Closed
garcia8136 - Aug 11, 2008 at 06:11 PM
 garcia8136 - Aug 12, 2008 at 04:44 PM
hey guys i have windows XP media edition and i upload a newer version of explorer and when it told me to restart i did and when it came back on i log back in and then none off my icons or the start menu appear on the screen. so i turned off the computer again and it keeps doing the same thing over can some please help me

1 response

DV6500 Posts 20 Registration date Monday August 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2008 11
Aug 11, 2008 at 11:18 PM
sounds like you have a virus... where did u get the "new" version of explorer? what i would recomend doing to see if u can atleast load the explorer is this:

1) click 'CTRL+ALT+DELETE'
you should be in WindowsTaskManager now.

2) go to the 'Applications' tab

3) click the 'New Task...' button

4) type in 'explorer.exe'

5) click 'Ok' or hit the return/enter key

this should bring up a fresh version of windows explorer. if this doesnt help please be more specific with your next post on what exactly is happening. also you might want to try performing a system restore or using your WindowsXP Installation disk to repair all the WindowsXP system files.
i did what u told me to do but when i load up my WindowsXP Installation disk to repair it i cant click on it. i can log on but then it becomes a blank screen and nothing is workin i cant get into nothin. control +alt+ delete works i can see the programs working but i just cant see it on my screen i hope u can help me