No sound after i reinstalled Windows XP Pro

Closed
sandydude4u Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2009 - Nov 10, 2009 at 12:24 AM
sandydude4u Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2009 - Nov 10, 2009 at 01:29 AM
Hello,
I re-installed windows XP alongwith Service Pack 3 on my computer after having a virus spread in my computer. Surprisingly, it does not recognise the sound card and the sound box in Control Panel suggests there is no audio device on the computer. I checked the "Device Manager" which used to show an exclamation mark besides sound card earlier. It has been cured after installing SP3 as it installed AC'97 audio driver on the computer, but it doesn't seem to be the right driver I feel cos there is still no sound device being detected. Please help me out. Below are my operating system details.

My operating system: Windows XP
Motherboard: Via Technologies
Type: P4M266
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 10, 2009 at 01:09 AM
Dear Sir,

Please update the sound drivers in order to have sound back on

your system. After installing any operating any new OS on your

PC, updating your drives is important.

Thanks.
Yes, I am aware that I have to update the drivers. It is just that I am unable to find the right driver and the driver that Windows Service Pack 3 is installing is not the right one, cos there is still no sound.
donjeck Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2009
Nov 10, 2009 at 01:17 AM
if you already check the driver you should check also the sound card or go to control panel and go to add and hardware
sandydude4u Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2009
Nov 10, 2009 at 01:29 AM
The sound card is present. I need the right driver for my motherboard. If you can send me the driver or the link from where i can download it, it will be very useful. Thanks.