Videos and Facebook Chat Stall my Browser

Closed
DTrain - Dec 15, 2009 at 12:00 PM
 DTrain - Feb 24, 2010 at 07:50 PM
So I've got a relatively new laptop and it has been working fine ever since i got it until this past weekend. I don't know what happened but now whenever I try to open videos (youtube, embedded on facebook, etc.) or facebook chat, the browser does not respond. This only started happening after I got my free Windows 7 upgrade from HP. I've tried multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome) and am currently using IE8 because it is the only browser that doesn't stall when on Facebook. All of my necessary plugins are installed and working, except whenever I go to the test site, it fails when the video attempts to play. I've put it off for awhile, and this is my attempt to be proactive. Please help. You're my only hope. :)
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 16, 2009 at 03:25 AM
Dear Sir,

Please have Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave installed and

see whether the problem gets solved.

Thanks.
They are installed with the latest versions of both. Also Java and Quicktime.
I am having the same problem. Were you, by chance, able to correct this problem?
I was. If you have Skype, turn it off. The application takes up a lot of the processing power and leads to browser crashing. If this is your situation, turn off Skype whenever possible. Also, update your browser to Chrome or Firefox. Much better.