Do you remember games like Habbo or Second Life? VRChat brings the concept even further and explores new innovative and futuristic ways to interact with other players using VR devices.
What is VRChat?
VRChat is an online virtual world platform and a massively multiplayer online game designed by Graham Gaylor and Jesse Joudrey. The game focuses on providing an immersive experience through user-created avatars, VR-compatible features, and realistic social interactions. Furthermore, it truly stands as a unique concept in the MMO scene as it offers new innovative and futuristic elements such as the possibility to customize and control your avatar fully. Long story short, VRChat is a fantastic place to express yourself, share, and above all, have fun.
- Customizable and fully controllable avatars: VRChat will let you look the way you want, no matter if you choose to look like yourself, an alien, a dinosaur, a Western gunslinger, or whatever you like. Thanks to its 3D editor and advanced motion capture technology, VRChat will allow you to be whoever you want to be and fully embody your avatar.
- Chat, play, or hang out: It's not all about talking. VRChat also includes a lot of mini-games and the possibility to draw, sculpt, or watch YouTube videos.
- A worldwide community: VRChat is not only an excellent game to meet your friends or to have a date, but it is also a nice place to socialize with people and make new friends without leaving home.
- Create your world: Many worlds and different servers are already available, so you can already pick the one that best fits your needs. However, you can still choose to create your world and invite other people to join you. You will even be able to create your own emoticons!
- Accessible requirements: Even though you can play the game on your favorite VR device, you can play at VRChat without any VR equipment and still enjoy the whole experience with all the other players.
- Events and friendship: You will get involved with official and community events weekly and strengthen your friendship with people. Many players have reported that the game has helped them overcome social anxiety.
Graphics and sound
Thanks to the Unity 5.0 engine, VRChat has fantastic 3D graphics that guarantee a fully immersive experience. In addition, it is compatible with virtual reality, which will enhance the experience even more. And about sounds, it features 3D spatial audio that brings the experience to the next level.
VRChat is a massively multiplayer online game. Users will be able to travel across different worlds and interact with thousands of active community users, play Capture the Flag, Battle Discs, and other games built by the community.
What do the reviews say?
The game was highly rated on Steam with a Very Positive average score from over 100,000 players.
VRChat has no PEGI rating, but it is still not a game for a young audience as there will be contact through voice chat with unknown people. Moreover, the official website and the use policy specify that users under the age of 13 will not be allowed to create an account.