HP desktop beeping without display

Closed
rw85 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2008 - Updated on Jan 30, 2019 at 06:22 AM
 sooraj - Aug 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM
Hello,

My Hp monitor has been going to sleep when it shouldn't be. I can be in mid click and the status window in the middle of the screen pops up and tells me there is no input signal then it goes to sleep. The monitor will not turn back on unless I reboot the computer. Up until the other day the computer would turn back on, now it just beeps at me. It gives a series of beeps. Two single beeps than One long beep, it does this 9 times then nothing. The people at hp had me pull my ram cards out one at a time and start the computer but still it beeps.
System Configuration: Windows Vista Home Premium
Firefox 2.0.0.16
Related:

10 responses

ukguy Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2010 48
Jan 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Hello,

Just recently my HP pavilian media centre pc has been making two short beeps and one long beep, so I checked the beep code advice page, found that it was to do with my gpu card, took my gpu card out and put it back in. When I tryed to turn the pc on , I now get one short beep and one long beep and no display on the monitor, on the beep code advice page says its to do with a memory problem. But when I removed my processor I get no beeps.
Can someone tell me if the problem is my Processor or motherboard plz , need some expert advice thanks....

by the way great forum , really intresting thanks