Which OS?

Closed
FairLady - Jan 30, 2008 at 09:29 AM
lazkike Posts 441 Registration date Thursday September 9, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen December 14, 2013 - Jan 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM
I'm looking to buy a used laptop computer for my kids so they can play their games on it.

I found a few nice computers in my price range, but they come without an operating system.
Would it be possible to install my windows XP that came with my desktop computer in the laptop?

Thanks a lot.
Related:

2 responses

lazkike Posts 441 Registration date Thursday September 9, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen December 14, 2013 9
Jan 31, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Hi
It depends. If you have a full install Windows XP CD, you could install it on the used laptop BUT you will be out of the law (As you want..)
I mean officially not, but you can ...
but if you have a recovery CD , you would not able to install XP on your laptop.
There is also , Does you used laptop is very old or not ? Because too old laptop would not work very good with XP.
A last thing to take into account: which kind of games would they like to play ?

If you want absolutely Windows Xp you could find Windows XP OEM version (OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer). In France you could find it for 90 euros approximately.
Otherwise you have Linux solution.
lazkike Posts 441 Registration date Thursday September 9, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen December 14, 2013 9
Jan 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM
feel free to ask further questions :)