USB Mouse and Keyboard Problem

Closed
GRANDAD63 - Jan 9, 2010 at 01:01 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 9, 2010 at 07:07 PM
Hello,I've just installed an Asus M3N-HT DELUXE Motherboard on a dual boot,XP Pro(32bit) and Windows 7(64bit).They are installed on seperate Hard-Drives,and the Motherboard is the only thing I've changed(old mobo overheating)Everything works fine in Windows 7,but when I boot into XP both mouse and keyboard freeze.There is no PS/2 for the mouse on this board,just for the keyboard.Both mouse and keyboard are USB anyway.Have tried different USB ports but still the same.XP picks up new hardware found.but with no mouse or keyboard I'm stuck.Could I do a Repair on XP or will I need to install XP again because of the motherboard change.Both XP Pro and Windows 7 are full retail versions,and XP has SP3 installed.ThankYou in advance for any help. Grandad63 in BUCKIE Scotland
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 9, 2010 at 07:07 PM
changing the motherboard without re-installing the OS does not always work as you have found out. I would try a Windows XP repair/install to fix the problem. You will find instructions here:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Good Luck