I cant access Folders from another Hard Drive

Closed
Ahmed - Oct 23, 2008 at 04:54 AM
 Stevensmith - Nov 23, 2012 at 02:33 PM
Hello,
I have to computers, In one computer one computer windows has been crashed and I need to reinstall win xp but before re installing windows I need to take backup of my file so I connect the Hard drive to another computer and try to take backup but when I click on folder name Documents and settings\user folder the massege appear's (acces denied) because the windows is password protect by user. what can I do??? Please some body help me
Related:

3 responses

Hi ,

Go through this article, this article might solve your problem. Your problem looks like ownership issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc753659(v=ws.11)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Regards,
BOND
I had the same problem, thank you so much BOND for that link!
Me too, thanks!
Good Info but to make things simple.
Right-click the folder and select properties
click these
Security tab
Advanced button
Owner tab
Edit button
restart computer and open the folder.
Simple.
Dear ahmed

it is possible that you can clear the password by using the specific softwares or you can change jumpers and make it cable selector so that you can be able to access those files
Boot the system with an Ubuntu CD. Make sure you have a Windows FAT 32 partition to copy the files to (like an external USB drive). Linux isn't subject to Windows permissions.