XPSP3 IE8 BETA when printing

Closed
hank9081 Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2008 - Nov 1, 2008 at 06:49 PM
 hank9081 - Nov 5, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Hello,
I can NOT print when I click the printing button, nor on file & Print.
The windows Title window says "several dialog boxes are blank an error occurred during this operation - Windows Internet Explorer" and
the message in the windows says "an error occurred during this operation"
Does anyone has an idea how to fix this problem? Thx
Related:

1 response

melcoquille Posts 15 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 6
Nov 2, 2008 at 04:44 AM
Hello,

I had the same problem and I guess that it might be linked to the Jscript.dll file that could have been infected or is not actually present. all you have to do is to follow the steps below:

Step 1: Go to your Start button and choose the Run command
Step 2: Then enter exactly as it is "regsvr32 jscript.dll" before clicking on ok. somehow, if you receive an error message the next step is to register the Jscript.dll again.
Step 3: Go to the Start button again and reopen the Run command
Step 4: Enter exacly "msconfig" before clicking ok
Step 5: Choose Expand file option and in the File to restore box, enter your windows xp .cab path directory where the file will be saved.
Step 6: now in the file save in box, enter the path where the file needs to be taken from.
Step 7: Choose Expand and in the System configuration utility dialogue box, choose ok. if the system tells you that you should restart it, accept.

This should solve your issue buddy, good luck
hank9081 Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2008
Nov 2, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Thx. I already did step 2, and it said DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded. still have the problem.
I fixed the problem, I installed AVG and it found the following:

including the problem I was also having with getting to the options thru IE, tools, and options.

Tojan Horse.AHKQ
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\SETUPAPI.DLL

Trojan Horse SHevr.BSTD
C:\Documents and Settings\Local Service\Application Data\961679118.exe</gras>