Hooking up to Linksys

Closed
molly - May 18, 2010 at 12:14 PM
mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 - May 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Hello,
I am adding a Dell Latitude to the wireless router in my home. I cannot remember the name of the network. Worse yet, when I guess and am asked to enter the device ownership password (from the tag on the bottom of the device) it beeps and will not let me enter. Help - I have found anither network to get on (neighbors?) but the signal strength is low! Thanks. Molly

1 response

mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
May 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
I assume the router in your home is Linksys the name of your internet provider should come up in the task bar in your wireless connection icon and it is normally the company you pay for the internet. When you first had your internet the provider would normally send a letter with some details on and the network key or password should be on that letter. If you have lost the key (password) you will have to contact them. They also may be able to help with the beep problem but that could be because the password is incorrect