Unable to connect to my linksys wi-fi router

Solved/Closed
ninja - Sep 30, 2008 at 06:29 PM
 budz - Dec 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Hello, unable to connect my iphone via my linksys router
Related:

24 responses

Ok I figured it out

If you keep getting "incorrect password" using your Iphone when trying to connect to a Linksys (WRT54G) Router.

Try typing in the WEP "key 1" numbers (not the actual password or passphrase)

They are located in the "wireless security" settings.

1. Go to 192.168.1.1

2. Enter "admin" for both username and password (actual one NOT "key 1" numbers)

3. Go to Wireless/Wireless Security and they should be right there.

4. If Default Transmit Key "1" is marked use "key 1" numbers, if "2" is marked use "key 2" numbers, etc.
how do I gt to where to enter the WEP?
I am new to the wifi thing. Both my kids got new toys for Christmas. Dd got a new laptop, son got a new ipod touch. We bought a Linksys router (WRT54G2) Now, the daughter can connect to the net, no prob, but my son with the new ipod cannot. It says the password is incorrect. My network is listed on the ipod, but it will not let him connect to the network here.

Any fixes? When I go to 192.168.1.1 and look...I see 10 jumbled numbers and capital letters that mean absolutely nothing to me. Is this what I am looking for - what is known as the "key"? When he entered those...it still says it cannot connect. What am I doing wrong, and what do I need to do.

I am almost ready to just uninstall this thing and try once more to install and see if he can do it then...if not, just take it back and exchange for a different router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A not so happy Santa Clause...