Windows Explorer won't enter any site

Closed
Kevin - Oct 3, 2010 at 06:19 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 4, 2010 at 06:36 AM
Hello,
unfortunately I had a fake antivrus opened on my desktop, it bombarded me with fake warnings etc and would not let me open any programs. After persevering and closing it down continuously for a number of hours it has now gone. However, although I'm connected to the internet, my email works fine, and all other functions have returned to normal, Windows Explorer will not enter any site, I get the standard error screen talking about either a connection error, typing error in the address ets but of course it's none of these. I'm guessing that the antivirus has changed a setting somewhere when it was blocking me, any ideas and help would be gratefully received.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Oct 4, 2010 at 06:36 AM
To fix the problem, I must have a Hyjacthis log.

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Please download, install and request a scan and save a log. Copy the log and post it here.

Regards