Windows File Explorer download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Windows File Explorer is a discontinued alternative to the built-in Windows Explorer. It provides all the basic features of an explorer plus some additional tools to save time when you want to browse your folders, move them or create new files.
What is Windows File Explorer?
Windows File Explorer is a discontinued yet still functional file explorer specifically designed for Microsoft Windows as an enhanced version of the Windows Explorer. It is simple to use, comes with a built-in thumbnail viewer and provides an efficient interface to quickly locate and move files and folders.
What are the key features of Windows File Explorer?
- Access: It offers lots of common features also supported by the standard Windows Explorer, including the ability to access all your files from the hierarchy tree, locate any element using the search bar (note that it supports regular expressions), manage the way you want the elements to be displayed (as a list, a detailed list, a grid, etc.), filter what kind of elements to display, and much more.
- Drag & drop: Even though it is now considered a must-have, it supports drag & drop of any elements from one location to another. Note that you can also open several tabs in the same explorer to ease the process of moving elements quickly from one place to another using only your mouse.
- Preview: This handy feature is not enabled by default in most modern file explorers. Thanks to the image viewer, you can preview thumbnails of the images you select directly in the file explorer, meaning you no longer need to actually open the images to view them.
- Archive: It comes with a built-in archive manager to let you easily zip and unzip files and folders. Also, it stores the ZIP archives in its subdirectories, allowing you to access them quickly.
How to use Windows File Explorer?
- Once installed, you can directly run Windows File Explorer.
- If you need to, you can start browsing your files, preview thumbnails and easily re-arrange your folders using the drag & drop feature.
- You can also right-click on any ZIP file to unzip it or create a new archive.
Note that it may be tricky to use it under Windows 10.
Is it free?
Yes, you can use it totally free of charge.
Is it safe?
Yes, so far no malware or suspicious program has been detected.
- Windows file explorer download
- File explorer download for pc
- Windows explorer download
- Hp smart download windows 10 > Download - Other
- Windows 10 iso file download > Download - Windows
- DaVinci Resolve 18 > Download - Video editing
- Subway surfers download for pc windows 10 > Download - Platform
- Windows live mail download > Download - Email