Internet Explorer stops working with PDF file

Solved/Closed
lost - Updated on Dec 20, 2018 at 03:12 PM
Sandhya648 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 30, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2019 - Apr 30, 2019 at 10:19 AM
Hello,

Each time I try to download a PDF file from the internet, I have the following message:

Internet explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Therefore, there is no solution available but to go back to my home page or to the website itself and in this case, I will encounter the same problem.

This only happens when I try to download a PDF file from websites on the internet.

I have Windows 7.

Please help!
Related:

5 responses

Hello,

1. Are you able to open PDF files on other browsers?

2. Is this a new problem? When did it start?

One thing you can try is to configure the browser to use Acrobat or Adobe Reader as a helper application. To do this, follow these steps:

A. Close your web browser.

B. Start Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

C. Choose Edit > Preferences.

D. Select Internet in the list on the left.

E. Uncheck "Display PDF in Browser", and click OK.

F. Restart Internet explorer.

Here's what Adobe has to say about this problem. Have a read through it and see if any of these solutions help - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328233.html

Hope this helps!
steps A to F did it, mIne was window7
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 17, 2010 at 05:25 PM
Hello Cassandra,

It would be very nice if you became a full fledged member!