Ask a question Report

Shortcut virus on flash drive [Solved/Closed]

arun - Latest answer on Nov 6, 2012 04:29PM
Hello,
all my folders in my flash drives are converted into shortcut icons.how can i clear the virus .is there any antivirus software to clear such virus. if u have any answers regarding this plz
E-Mail ID is removed for your security
Read more 
Answer
+413
moins plus
Hello,

If you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in

hidden mode. Follow the following steps.

Step 1:

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-11613-autorun-exterminator

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your flash drive now.

This will remove the autorun.inf files from your flash drive and also from drives.

Step 2:

Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your flash drive letter as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.

Now press "Enter".

Now check for your files in Flash Drive.

Step 3:

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.

FRANZ sofTwen- Oct 15, 2012 12:25AM
tnx bro
icee- Oct 15, 2012 03:49AM
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\user>

if i click the run and type the cmd the text above is the one that would appear.. what should i do?
karma- Oct 22, 2012 11:28AM
it's very common and simply problem. Just to remove it find your files and folder, instal avira antivirus. you can use any free or prenium, than scan your flash drive. After this you have to uncheck don not show hidden files and folder & system files. After this you can find your lost data.
makan- Oct 30, 2012 03:05AM
Tank you so much my friend :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
anaaaaa1 2Posts Tuesday November 6, 2012Registration date November 6, 2012 Last seen - Nov 6, 2012 07:20AM
i've done this but all my files are shurtcut yet!! :(( i really need them!! what should i do?
help me plZ..
Answer
+42
moins plus
hey guys only way to remove shortcut virus is....download symantec endpoint protection update it and scan ur flash drives..virus is removed

and full system scan is recomended...thnxx

anaaaaa1 2Posts Tuesday November 6, 2012Registration date November 6, 2012 Last seen - Nov 6, 2012 04:29PM
tnX sooooooo much!
That was the best!
Answer
+19
moins plus
my pen drive show the cd drive and can not formate and no access data in this problem solution give me atul tiwari

jack4rall 6441Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 10, 2015 Last seen - Jan 27, 2011 05:24AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Follow the above instruction given in the step 1
Or
Click on Start --> Run --> Type cmd and press Enter. "Command Prompt" will be opened.
Now type the below commands
Here I assume your pen drive letter as G:
Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s g:\autorun.inf --> Press Enter

del g:\autorun.inf ---> Press Enter

[You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it.]
Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.
Good Luck
xyber- Mar 13, 2011 10:38AM
hey jack4rall, thanks a lot..
hey guys... believe me it really helps...
thanks again..
mongolia- Mar 19, 2011 08:37AM
thanks , arigatou, bayarallaa
pedi- May 23, 2011 03:07AM
tnxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Laijo- May 23, 2011 07:41AM
thnx...........very much helpful
Answer
+18
moins plus
hey guys i have this issue that after i paste this attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* in the cmd it say's "access denied" what shall i do.. btw i have this problem on my external hard disk "wistern digital" thx in advance..

someone who just had this problem- Apr 12, 2011 10:06PM
Chances are, you have to run "cmd" as an administrator. When you click on the start menu, search for "cmd" in the search field, then right click and "run as administrator". Then use the same command (attrib ...) and it should work fine (other than not being able to change permissions for the "system volume information" directory).

Make sure the original infected file gets deleted / quarantined or you may end up having the same issues later on.
marry- Apr 21, 2011 12:37PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell
very well
exelent
drmoderator- Apr 22, 2011 12:26PM
dear friends...
i have the same problem with my flash drive and after doing all these you said i can not solve the problem... my folders are still shown as shortcut and i cannot enter inside them...
on the folder when i go upon it with my mouse it is shown: foxojx.exe i think that this kind of virus is making my folders to be shown as shortcut and i am really being angry with this :(
how can i solve the problem
thank you for your support
HolyJumper 1Posts Sunday November 4, 2012Registration date November 4, 2012 Last seen - Nov 4, 2012 09:55AM
Thank you! I love you! I can't believe, it worked! :D
This document entitled « shortcut virus on flash drive » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.