Ask a question Report

Can't get Aspire One D255 to connect to wifi [Solved/Closed]

Sally - Latest answer on Jan 15, 2015 04:42PM
Hello,
I have just purchased an Acer Aspire One D255 but it just won't connect to my wifi router. The wifi light is on (orange/red) on the netbook. My router is on. But each time I try to connect it says 'Limited Access' and won't actually connect to the Internet.
Help! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Read more 
Answer
+38
moins plus
Wow I had to just post this to thank Jumpa for that solution. My friend's Acer Aspire One D257 just would not connect to the internet and this solution worked when nothing else would. If you don't mind Jumpa, I'll clarify the fix for Windows 7 users.

1) Right-click on the wireless network icon next to time/date
2) Select 'Open Network and Sharing Centre'
3) Click 'Change Adapter Settings' on the left
4) Right-click 'Wireless Network Connection' and go to properties
5) Uncheck all the boxes except for 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
6) Click ok

It wouldn't hurt to update the wireless driver as well though.

Stefano- Aug 30, 2014 06:44PM
Thanks man, i could go crazy without this hint.
Now i finally can tell my work on my upgraded netbook is done (SSD; 2gb; Win7 64bit).
tt- Nov 13, 2014 05:06AM
Tnx!
looks like its working!
asia- Nov 19, 2014 04:55PM
Wow! It really worked! Thank U soooooooo much!
leaflady- Dec 1, 2014 03:31AM
Thanks sooooo much - i have spent HOURS trying to get it fixed. I had to check and uncheck the boxes a few times - it finally worked with all the boxes checked though....thanks again!!
Mags- Jan 15, 2015 04:42PM
Didn't work for me, but thanks anyway. On to the next possible fix.
Answer
+24
moins plus
I've found that updating the wifi card driver has worked stupendous. Its an Intel wifi card so go to intel.com find drivers and downloads click on wireless networking>Intel WIFI Products>Intel WIFI Link 1000. Install after download and Boom issues fixed!

Answer
+18
moins plus
OK here's the fix for the ACER ASPIRE ONE D255 With XP or W/7 Right click wireless connector ,bottom right near clock / open network connections/ advanced/ advanced settings / make sure all bindings for wireless connection are checked off / hit ok or apply you dont even need to reboot

Thats what was wrong with my fiancées Acer D255, What the driver does That "Dev's talking about" is, it turns these settings on so either way thats what worked for us & thanks Dev I was just pulling out the flash drive with both the 35 meg and the 7 meg drivers you talked about when she figured it out!
Good luck 7 please let us know if that helped you out
Sincerely
Rick & Tiffani

Jumpa- Jan 20, 2012 04:26PM
Advanced /advanced settings/
Jumpa- Jan 20, 2012 04:27PM
wow 10 days away from a year ago
Jumpa- Jan 20, 2012 04:27PM
Cindy let us know how you make out your almost there !
Jumpa- Jan 20, 2012 04:44PM
Tiffani is now my Wife and the same Acer is still working fine,however I did have to re splice the charger wire right where it connects to the PC they all seem to break at this exact spot then they want $50 bucks for another Why bother just re splice the 2 wires inside make sure they don't touch
HRHSasha- Feb 7, 2014 02:56AM
Acer Aspier One D255 (OS-XP SP3) Resolution: (Thank You)

The Uninstall (& Reinstall, upon reboot), of both the WiFi and Ethernet adapters, seems to have fixed my issues with my netbook.
As an additional precaution, (for contiguous functionality), I also disabled power management on both adapters, post, reinstall..
After reconnecting to my router, browsing seems to be normal.
Thank you for your helpful recommendations.
Answer
+2
moins plus
Your a frikin genius lol... It works.. Just uncheck everything except tcp protocol

Answer
+1
moins plus
what is the logo of wireless connector? is it the same with Networks and sharing Center?

This document entitled « Can't get Aspire One D255 to connect to wifi » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.