Problems with explorer.exe

Closed
illidanomg - Dec 13, 2010 at 04:08 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 13, 2010 at 04:31 PM
Hello,

This is my problem story:
I have windows 7...and i was looking for some cool themes for it and meanwhile i've found a cool theme and at a step i needed to take ownership of explorer.exe (microsoft's explorer)...i did that and then renamed it explorer backup.exe and copied the themes explorer there....i gave it a log off then everything was blank...tried to work my way out with task manager and after a whole day i managed to rename my backup back to its original state in nero and everything was back (desktop etc) and now my current problem is that i can't acces anything using explorer (eg: Computer,folders).
I also gave up my windows dvd to a friend and it seems that he didn't gave it back.. if im trying to make a bootable DVD in UDF with nero 10....well you know the results...NOTHING...
Please help me!

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 13, 2010 at 04:31 PM
Greetings illidanomg,

I am flabergasted! What a mess you got yourself in. You gave your win CD's to a friend! Major mistake!

Do you know that if you friend tries to use your CD's he will eventually come up himself with a major problem which may paralyse his system? Those disks are made for one single computer unless you purchase the license.

There are only two ways you can solve this issue:

1. Try to restore your system to a previous date, before you made the mistake

If that does not work.

2. Call you friend and ask him for your disks so that you can repair windows. (If he does not want to return them...may be he was not a friend in the first place)

Once you have restore or repaired, you can always come back on this forum to get help on cool themes installation.

Sorry but that the way the cookie crumbles

Good luck