Change Admin passwored

Closed
i forgot my admin passwored. how to change this. - Dec 31, 2008 at 11:55 PM
password00 Posts 23 Registration date Tuesday December 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Jan 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Hello,
please help me
Related:

1 response

password00 Posts 23 Registration date Tuesday December 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 11
Jan 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Ok so if you are under XP (very important as this will only work with XP!!), then the first thing to do is to try to get a hand on the XP cd.

Then place in the drive and boot it from the cd. Of course it will tell you 'Press any key to boot from cd' and you might do it. The setup screen will pop up and show you that the files are being loaded. As soon as you get to the "Welcome to setup screen", you should press the Enter key to be able to launch the windows setup.

For the Licensing Agreement, simply choose to press the F8 key which will get you to the setup screen with the Repair option.

If it tells you 'If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it', you are halfway through. Now you can use the arrow keys to get to the XP installation else choose to press the R key to get to the Repair process thingy.

Once the repair has started, let it check the disks and start to copy the files it needs, but this may take some time though. When this is done your computer might reboot on its own. Let it do that automatically, please be patient and do not play with any other keys.

Very Important: when you see the notice 'Installing Devices' (it will be displayed as a progress bar) press at the same time Shift+F10 keys to open up the command console and when prompted enter NUSRMGR.CPL then press the Enter key. Now you will finally have access to the User Accounts in the Control Panel!!! Tadaaaa