How to connect the usb wireless internet on my laptop with xp to my xbox

Closed
Quinny - Apr 1, 2011 at 08:05 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 1, 2011 at 09:37 PM
Hello, i am trying to connect my laptop thats runs xp and has Bigpond wireless internet to my xbox 360 elite. ((The USB modem is designed to tap the full 3.6Mbps capabilities of Next G (which uses the HSDPA 3.6 standard), compared to the 1.8Mbps redline of the PC Card. ))
I have the ethernet cable to connect the two together....... i have tried to connect by bridging the wireless connection and the local area connection, also turning off my firewall.. which i wasn't so keen on but that failed too... the ip address is what i'm unsure about and all the other small things to help link it.
i've been told i can get the internet running off my laptop to my xbox but its not proving to be as simple as the explanations on the net.
i dont know how to change security settings or allow other users to connect or basically anything that allows me to connect

the frustration is growing and my xbox live sessions are nil

can someone give me a complete run through...... and explain it to me as if i was 10, maybe draw some pictures!

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2011 at 08:14 PM
Quinny,

are you using a USB modem for mobile internet?

if so, i wouldnt bother trying. the download/upload speed would be too slow for you to even start playing xbox live.

let me know.
really? even if i went out and got the latest most powerfull wireless usb modem??
Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2011 at 08:39 PM
i meant the usb dongles you can get for mobile internet which is effectively the same as the internet on your phone.

your internet at home, do you have a wireless router which connects to a phone line?

i want to know, is your internet ADSL or wireless through a provider.
na mate, i have a card that looks like a oversize usb stick... and thats it, that receives the net for me.. havent got anything else... i've been searching on youtube and google to find out how to connect it and some can and some cant connect.... i dont think i'll have any dramas with speed.. i get full reception and it can be faster than the internet speeds some of my friends have.
Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2011 at 08:55 PM
can you get me a picture of the device youre using and link me so were both on the same page?
not sure how to put a link in but this is what it says on the page i am looking at
(( BigPond Next G Wireless Broadband USB Mobile Card )) that is on
cnet Australia