PC shuts down on its own while watching video [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question kellen89 4Posts Wednesday December 17, 2008Registration date June 5, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Aug 24, 2016 02:37PM
Hi,
I have a problem with my computer, whenever I watch a video, after about 10-15 minutes it shuts down. I've recently bought this desktop. It works fine for all other tasks, such as internet, music etc. I have also tried several media players and all of them just shut down my system. I have NVIDIA Geforce FX5500 as graphics card.
I have no idea of how to cure this, please help me.
See more 
Helpful
+28
moins plus
Hello,
This seems to be a driver issue.

Try to download the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
AussieGuy- Mar 28, 2011 10:23PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... have asked 11 people how to fix this....even a computer tech was going to charge me $120.00.... this is all it was!...a simple DRIVER!.... THANKS HEAPS YASH!! :) You rock BRO :) People.... just firstly just check and add your drivers - simple! :)
Vandore- Dec 15, 2012 11:36PM
Well, I clicked the link and it wasnt working, so I clicked "if this isnt working click this" but it just went to the same thing
Vandore- Dec 16, 2012 03:26PM
it says unable to find ur GPU :(
airbud- Aug 19, 2016 02:57AM
just update drivers
Helpful
+11
moins plus
Alright, turn on firewall if its not, then, go to CONTROL Panel, Performance and maintenance, System, Advanced [tab], Startup and recovery [settings], and for automatic restart, uncheck this. WARNING: this may put your computer at risk, but not likely. Always run a virus check after using the internet for more than 30 mins, and clean the hard drive after virus checks. Good luck, hope this helped!
Bryce S- Jan 17, 2011 08:51AM
maybe just after you're done with the internet. every 30 mins is a little rough.
sillygirl- Mar 31, 2011 11:12PM
thank you so much!!!
ManjeshGowda N- Feb 26, 2015 11:11PM
i hope this helps! thank you so much!
Helpful
+0
moins plus
I solved the same issue by buying a usb fan and placing it on the top of my pc (above the installed fan vent). No problems at all after that.

Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Fan Set with Grills £12

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NVC1DS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
raj- Jun 23, 2016 02:21AM
it says no compatibility plz help
sathish kanna- Aug 24, 2016 02:37PM
thank you very much for giving the best solution

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!