PC shuts down on its own while watching video [Solved/Closed]

kellen89 4 Posts Wednesday December 17, 2008Registration date June 5, 2009 Last seen - Jan 13, 2009 at 03:34 AM - Latest reply:  HMH
- Sep 17, 2017 at 03:41 AM
Hi,
I have a problem with my computer, whenever I watch a video, after about 10-15 minutes it shuts down. I've recently bought this desktop. It works fine for all other tasks, such as internet, music etc. I have also tried several media players and all of them just shut down my system. I have NVIDIA Geforce FX5500 as graphics card.

I have no idea of how to cure this, please help me.
See more 
4Posts Wednesday December 17, 2008Registration date June 5, 2009 Last seen

14 replies

yashvintozor 16 Posts Tuesday December 30, 2008Registration date June 18, 2009 Last seen - Jan 13, 2009 at 03:49 AM
+22
Helpful
Hello,
This seems to be a driver issue.

Try to download the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Was this answer helpful?  
Well, I clicked the link and it wasnt working, so I clicked "if this isnt working click this" but it just went to the same thing
it says unable to find ur GPU :(
just update drivers
In most cases is a driver issue but sometimes it can be by stuck keys of the laptop.

I had a laptop that I dropped water on it, still working but a few keys were sticked. In this case I recommend disconnect the laptop keyboard from the mother. And obviously keep the drivers up to date.
Thank you so much ,
I installed a new GPU driver and my laptop works fine now ,
I also change the performance from high to balance.

Thanks again ,
+12
Helpful
Alright, turn on firewall if its not, then, go to CONTROL Panel, Performance and maintenance, System, Advanced [tab], Startup and recovery [settings], and for automatic restart, uncheck this. WARNING: this may put your computer at risk, but not likely. Always run a virus check after using the internet for more than 30 mins, and clean the hard drive after virus checks. Good luck, hope this helped!
maybe just after you're done with the internet. every 30 mins is a little rough.
thank you so much!!!
i hope this helps! thank you so much!
Helpful
I solved the same issue by buying a usb fan and placing it on the top of my pc (above the installed fan vent). No problems at all after that.

Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Fan Set with Grills £12

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NVC1DS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
it says no compatibility plz help
sathish kanna > raj - Aug 24, 2016 at 02:37 PM
thank you very much for giving the best solution